6.23.2009

How Lucky You Are

Tonight was wonderful.

I went to see my friend Fathead (some people call her Colleen, but not me) in Midvale City's production of Seussical the Musical with a few friends. It was enchanting! (PS: the show runs through this weekend. Get more info here.)

I drove down with Cam, and it must be said that she is one of my favorite people.

On the way home we were singing "American Pie" at the top of our lungs and talking about the 4th of July, and it occurred to me that this was a moment I would remember for years to come.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks this way: You're in a moment, and then you step outside it and see it for the gem that it is. This was a perfect evening. Good friends, fun play, great weather, cute babies, and clean dishes when I got home! Plus the realization that I have a good friends who see me as I am and vote Yes. Priceless.

So, to all my friends, both far and near, know that you have touched my life. You make it better and inspire moments and memories like the one I just described. How lucky we are!

1 comment:

Cam said...

AWW!! You are too cute! I had a good night too. Thanks for being willing to sing with me even though we weren't sure of most of the lyrics! Love you!