8.19.2009

Oh Child...

Little did I expect the juicy surprise that awaited me in my mailbox today. Sister-friends, I am movin' on up! I have received a catalog from a clothing company specializing in my needs as a "divine original", looking to "honor [my] cultural connection".


What is "Ashro"? A cursory glance through the catalog tells me just about everything I need to know: there is not a white face to be found.

Seriously, read this blurb and tell me if doesn't just scream my name:
"Designed for sisters, by sisters, our Afrocentric clothing is created for today's black women. Celebrate your heritage and your sense of style in ethnic-inspired prints and colors. Whether you're going all out for Black History Month or you're just in the mood to express your rich cultural roots, choose from our wide selection of African American apparel. Caftans, mudcloth prints and dashikis are only the beginning of a beautiful adventure in Afrocentric fashion."
If that wasn't enough, with caftans that showcase my rich cultural heritage starting at only $19, and a stunning array of Eliza-Doolittle-esque church suits for the church-going sistah, it might be an offer I can't refuse. (Sure beats the tattered calico dresses, deeply calloused hands and floppy bonnets of my real heritage...)

Oh! And I seem to have the inside scoop on where Aretha Franklin picked up her ravishing hat.

I feel just like Louise Jefferson...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe! Krittyn Bug, the best part of this entire blog is your label for it! I'm sitting here with tears running down my face, so thanks for the nessecary make up touch up! This is why I love you...

Kristyn said...

I live to serve your necessary make-up touch-up needs! :) I'm glad you noticed the label, because it's my favorite part, too!

Daniel and Lisa said...

You are great. You made my day by putting a smile on my face! Don't forget to pass on the great fasion tips to your other sistahs. Thanks!

Madeline said...

Holy funny! I am laughing and my coworkers are looking. hahaha. I miss you, this canceled craft night stuff has to go.