7.09.2008

Independence Day Weekend with the In-Laws


I'll admit, we don't spend a whole lot of time with Preston's family. His brothers and sister live out of town, and we don't really see them that much. I have a hard time relating to my new family. I don't know why, I just do. I like them, they're all nice, but I'm struggling. This past weekend was spent pretty much entirely with them, so I had a lot of work to do.

As hard as this weekend was for me, there were some pretty great moments:
  • Hugs (voluntary ones) from my nephews, Aries and Ash
  • Getting my niece, Savannah, to play with me (finally!)
  • Trannan wearing bellbottoms (unfortunately, I'm told I shouldn't post pictures of Trannan... still don't know why.)
  • Being called Aunt Kristyn all around (last time we all got together was for our wedding, and then it was still so awkward, especially for the kids -- now I'm a permanent fixture!)

Blake and Savannah

Aries

Ash

Preston and Savannah

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Awww! What a cute family! Happy Independence Day!