4.19.2011

Pregnancy update

Well... I'm 32 weeks now and we're in the home stretch for having this baby join our family! I guess it's time to share some "bump" pictures and let everyone know how we're doing.


I haven't had much of a bump until fairly recently, but the baby has now asserted his presence in a more unmistakable way. I continue to lose weight, much to the chagrin of my OB. I've lost 30 lbs. so far and I don't anticipate gaining much, if any, of that back. At this point my gallbladder is the culprit, but since it's a situation largely out of my control and the baby is doing great, I refuse to worry about it.


Baby is doing really well. We haven't had another ultrasound, so gender is still iffy, but we refer to baby as "he" all the same, since it's a good bet that he's a boy. He moves around a LOT. It's fun to interact with him and wonder what he will be like when we finally get to meet him. (I'm guessing he'll be athletic, judging by the amount of constant movement.) I think Preston is really enjoying this stage because he can finally feel the baby's movement and feel like a part of the party.

I'm in full nesting mode these days, frequently freaking out about what we still need for the baby. Which is basically everything, since we haven't yet had a baby shower. :) That will be remedied soon enough.

I sewed up a bunch of cute burp cloths, since you can never have too many. I'm not a great seamstress, but I'm happy with how they turned out!


Since quarters are tight in our current living situation, we've decided to borrow a bassinet from Preston's parents (instead of setting up our second-hand crib). It's a beautiful Erickson family heirloom, and I'm honored to be putting our baby in it. My mother-in-law sewed a sweet cover for it and Preston surprised me by bringing it home last night! Things like that make baby's imminent arrival all the more real, and I'm getting so excited and anxious!

Only 8 more weeks to go before this little guy is due to make his grand debut! Can you believe it?

6 comments:

Madeline said...

You look great! I am sorry that you have been losing weight though. Especially if your doctor isn't happy about it. We too are using a cradle instead of our crib because we just don't have space. I am planning on coming to come to your shower. I hope you got the invite for mine. I am excited to see you!

Kristyn said...

Thanks, Madeline! I did get the invite to your shower, so I'm excited to see you on Saturday! I'm glad you can make it to mine, too. I thought you might have a shower of your own that day, since we're due so close together. :)

Angie said...

You look unbelievably darling in these photos. Libby and I both agreed you are a cute pregnant lady. PS: The burp clothes are very impressive.

Kristyn said...

Thanks, Mupp! You're a darling. PS: The number of burp cloths has now doubled. The madness never ceases!

Daniel and Lisa said...

You're looking great! It will all happen before you know it. The next 6 weeks will fly by, and then the last 2 will feel like an eternity. Just keep busy, and it looks like you are! I think that's the key. Good luck with everything! I am looking forward to seeing cute little baby pictures in about 2 months. Hooray!

THE RHOADES said...

What a beautiful pregnant woman you are! I'm so sad I'm not there to see the little guy when he arrives. I can't wait to see pictures though!