WARNING: Lots of pictures ahead!
In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I present a few shots from my recent trip to Ireland.
There are so many photos that I am completely overwhelmed at the prospect of scrapbooking them!
In any case, Ireland was fabulously chilly and rainy and lush and green. And gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous.
Our Irish journey started in Cork, where Preston spent the summer working at Tyndall National Institute. Since Preston was working, Angie and I wandered Cork on our own much of the time. Here's what we saw:
First stop - University College Cork
I can't imagine going to school in a place this picturesque!
 |
| Ye Olde Gate |
 |
| Nevermind the ruins in the hall... |
 |
| Beautiful Crawford Observatory |
 |
| Lovely grounds and moss/ivy-covered buildings |
Next up - St. Finbarr's Cathedral
One of the most darling churches I've ever seen! We really enjoyed our time here.
 |
| Old graves - so cool-looking! |
 |
| Me and Angie at St. Finbarr's |
 |
| Angie looking over some headstones on St. Finbarr's grounds |
 |
| Ornate entrance |
 |
| Beautiful stained glass |
Some shots of Cork
 |
| Angie at the street sign on the corner near our B&B |
 |
| Loved all the water around the city! |
 |
| Crazy algae-covered rocks |
 |
| Me in front of a lovely little bridge |
 |
| Cork |
We did actually see Preston from time to time, like when he took us out for Fish and Chips at a local spot.
 |
| One GIANT piece of cod with "chips", tartar sauce, and "mushy peas" |
Just a quick bus ride from Cork is Blarney Castle. Angie and I resisted the temptation to kiss the Blarney Stone (can you say unsanitary? I can!) And toured the grounds instead.
 |
| Blarney Castle |
 |
| The Dungeon |
 |
| Angie wasn't too happy in the Dungeon. We didn't stay too long... |
 |
| This is probably where the St. Bernard lived or something, but who knows |
 |
| The grounds at Blarney Castle were like a fairy land! |
More to come in another post tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment