Well... it's that time again... Time to go jean shopping.
I hate jean shopping for several reasons. The first of which is that it requires me to trade in my broken-in jeans for stiff, new ones. Nevermind that the jeans I'm wearing as I type are almost a full size too big, have been safety pinned to keep them from falling down, and are wearing quite thin between the thighs (as is the usual demise of my jeans...)
But the reason I hate it most right now is that I don't fit into any size. The bigger size is too loose, the smaller size is too tight. I would buy the smaller size, because I know they will stretch out, but in the meantime I look foolish and feel very uncomfortable.
(Now, I will (proudly) admit to having lost a bit of weight since the last time I went jean shopping, but I'm scared to death that it won't have made the slightest difference. I'd almost rather not know that I STILL don't fit into the smaller size jeans.)
And once I have selected the new pair, I will be faced in 6 months or so with the same problem: the dreaded thigh-wear-out. I know I'm not the only person who has this problem, so I'm just going to put it out there.
I tell you, Old Navy is making a mint off of me because I have to buy a new pair of jeans so often!
This time, I'm taking matters into my own hands! I'm not putting jeans out to pasture because of this problem anymore! I'm saying no! I'm being proactive!
My one and only thought is ScotchGuard. I'm not sure if this will really help the problem or not, but I think it's worth a shot. My operating theory is that the ScotchGuard will act as a sort of lubricant, reducing the friction as I walk. If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it.
I'll let you know if this works. Wish me luck!
*UPDATE*
I bought new jeans, and I'm ecstatic to say that they're the smaller size! There might be hope for me yet!!! :D
6 comments:
I have the same problem! Let me know how the Scotch Guard goes...
Haha I know exactly what you mean! The same thing happens to me :) One thing you can do with the thigh wear-out is this:
Cut up a pair of old jeans and iron them onto this adhesive paper that will leave this gluey-type stuff on one side (my mom knows what it is, so if you're interested let me know and I can have her explain it better), then you turn the pants inside out and stick on the self-made patch. After that, use a sewing machine and sew all around it (or at least on the edges). It works quite well actually, and because it's on the upper part of your thighs, it doesn't matter if it looks bad because no one will see it.
Oh how I HATE jean shopping! I feel your pain love, I really do. Let me know if you want some support when ever it is you go, I'd love to come shopping with you sometime.
Just wanted to say, I think you always look great and congrats on loosing weight! Good luck jean shopping, nobody ever believes me when I say I have a hard time finding jeans too. My main problem is that I'm too short and I HATE how all the jeans these days are made with holes and paint all over them already. Love ya!
Thanks for the update! I'm so happy for you and your new smaller jeans! Yay!!
Hooray for smaller jeans, that is always a good day! p.s. Have I ever told you that I love how honest you are?
Post a Comment